APX7000 RX Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

APX7000 RX Problem

Post by fallspolice »

I have an APX 7000 that is acting really weird. When the radio is turned on a particular trunking talkgroup it only receives parts of the conversation. For example: I will hear dispatch call a unit, but I won't hear the unit respond. I will then start hearing the dispatcher talk again. Sometimes I will hear the unit respond, sometimes I won't. Other times I will hear the units, but not the dispatcher. We are able to hear both sides of the conversation on all other radios.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Jim202

Re: APX7000 RX Problem

Post by Jim202 »

fallspolice wrote:I have an APX 7000 that is acting really weird. When the radio is turned on a particular trunking talkgroup it only receives parts of the conversation. For example: I will hear dispatch call a unit, but I won't hear the unit respond. I will then start hearing the dispatcher talk again. Sometimes I will hear the unit respond, sometimes I won't. Other times I will hear the units, but not the dispatcher. We are able to hear both sides of the conversation on all other radios.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The first thought that comes to mind is that your on the edge of coverage or in a dead zone. However, if the older radios are working in the exact same spot, that would point to an issue with the new radio.

Just because it is just out of the box, that doesn't mean it can't have an early failure. This is why I always like to burn in a radio, computer or what ever for a couple of weeks before it gets put on line or into normal service.
fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

Post by fallspolice »

Problem solved! It was a programming issue. The RFSS time and channel spacing were wrong.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

fallspolice wrote:Problem solved! It was a programming issue. The RFSS time and channel spacing were wrong.

We all find ourselves fat fingering the keypad more frequently as the weeks add up. Glad you found the problem before it got to the point of the radio taking a ride on the air to the far side of the room.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”