Need Help: xts2500 display is blank

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

Need Help: xts2500 display is blank

Post by n6fnp »

I have an XTS2500 which was working great for a couple of years until recently. When I turn it on now, the
LCD screen is completely blank. The backlight is still working though and the front, side and top buttons seem to be
working, at least the backlight comes on when I press any of the buttons.

I was going to try to remove the radio from the housing, hoping that there is a flex that I can try to reseat. I've never
opened an XTS2500 before. I have an 6685666D01 chassis opener, but can't figure out how to use it to get the radio out
of the housing. Are there any diss-assembly instructions that I can reference?

If anybody can give me some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated!

-Thor (N6FNP)
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Re: Need Help: xts2500 display is blank

Post by mikegilbert »

On the 2500 there are two flexes once you open the radio up; the control flex (narrow one) and the display flex (wide one). To re-seat them, lift the white plastic clip up, pull the flex out, re-insert it and then clip the white piece down again.

To open the case:
  • Remove antenna, both knobs and concentric switch
  • Remove the accy adapter piece
  • Insert the case opener tool at the bottom center of the chassis between the plastic and metal. Be careful to apply even pressure. Simply separate the bottom and tilt the case away.
n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

Re: Need Help: xts2500 display is blank

Post by n6fnp »

Mike,

Thanks for the info. I'll give opening the case a try and see if I can fix the display problem. I'll post the
results.

-Thor

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”