XTL 05 Head Help Needed.

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

XTL 05 Head Help Needed.

Post by radios4bill »

Hi Group; I have a XTL5000 with a dim display and I purchased a replacement. I don't know what version firmware is in the replacement head. So here is my question, how to I do this with out bricking the radio? If no one can tell me how to do the head programming or flashing can I just replace the front display with out the board that has the firmware chips on it? Thanks you your help. Bill
motorola_otaku

Re: XTL 05 Head Help Needed.

Post by motorola_otaku »

What firmware is the radio running? If it's R09.xx.xx or newer you should be able to do a control head synch with regular CPS and a serial-GCAI programming cable.
Bigfella237

Re: XTL 05 Head Help Needed.

Post by Bigfella237 »

I have a simular problem which I need some help with as well, I have an XTL5000 with an O5 dashmount CH (attached directly to the brick) which refuses to be synced.

It's a mid-power M20QSS9PW1AN with Host R12.00.13 which was working perfectly until I borrowed the control head from it to test another radio (which fried it, long story), I've now tried three different (used) replacement O5 CHs and I can't get any of them to sync (I've also tried swapping out the flex without result)?

I'm using an OEM Serial GCAI programming cable (HKN6183A) and CPS actually reports that synchronization was successful each time but the CH remains in Maintenance Mode? Bootloader mode on the CH says "version R04.00.00 ST M58-B 8MB" etc.

I can still read/write this radio via the rear J2 (26 pin) connector so I know the brick is operational, I just can't get the damn head to sync!

Any ideas?

Andrew

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”