Display of Secure Key Name

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

k5rpd

Display of Secure Key Name

Post by k5rpd »

Anyone know how to get an APX portable to stop displaying the secure key name on the display on receive? I would much rather see the RID display instead of the secure key name. (yes, I realize that after the secure key name shows on the display that the RID shows next- but by that time the user is finished with what he has to say).

Thoughts?

JJ
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Re: Display of Secure Key Name

Post by N4DES »

Are you sure you are seeing the secure key name and not the alias name of the radio on receive?? I only see the option for switch change, PTT, and mode change.
k5rpd

Post by k5rpd »

I do not have any aliases set up to match the incoming RIDs. The incoming RID displays (just the number) but only after the secure key name shows on the display. The secure key name it is displaying is what is entered in the multikey list in the secure wide settings.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Under the secure branch and multikey menu is everything set to disabled for displaying the key name?

Jason

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”