xts5000 parts needed

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n3qam
New User

xts5000 parts needed

Post by n3qam »

The FD had a hand unit that fell off the back of a POV and was found 3 days later in the snow. It got sent somewhere to get looked at and they were told it was not repairable. This happened maybe a year ago. Fast forward to last week . They were cleaning out the office and found the old carcass and was going to toss it . I was able to intercept it prior to going to the dumpster and am in the process of checking it out .

Problem #1 I came across , the knobs and antenna were missing . They said it came back from the shop that way... ( what shop steals knobs and an antenna )

#2 the ribbon cable for the keyboard was ripped completely off the vocoder board ..
#3 someone cut the entire display ribbon cable off the LCD display
#4 the connector that mates the vocoder board to the rf board is missing .

Me thinks someone screwed this thing up at the shop ( when they seperated the case , they originally ripped the ribbon cable off the board) and then did their damn best to really screw it up the rest of the way ...

So far , I have been able to get part numbers for what I see missing or needing replaced so far ..

7285726col or ( c01) LCD display
2885866A01 compression 26 pin
NTN9564c " vocon board" but the number on the cirrent board says nntn4717d

Any chances of finding these parts anywhere and possible prices ?
n3qam
New User

Re: xts5000 parts needed

Post by n3qam »

It turns out that the radio fully functioned with exception to the bottom buttons on the half keypad until it went to the County Radio Repair , then to Motorola. Somewhere along that trail , the ribbon cable to the LCD was cut off, that compression connector between the two boards vanished , the knobs disappeared and that keypad cable socket was ripped out of the vocoder board....

Thats the real pissing off point ....

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”