Remote mount W series XTL 5000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

btrains

Remote mount W series XTL 5000

Post by btrains »

I'm creating a W series remote mount XTL 5000 from an XTL 1500. I have the remote mount control head (HLN 6344) from a remote mount Astro Spectra that I converted to Dash Mount, W series head bridge, and remote mount W series flex cable. The pins on the back of the control head are too long. How much can I safely trim, or, how long are the pins on the back of a factory made W series 5000 with remote head?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Remote mount W series XTL 5000

Post by jmr061 »

That is not the correct board for that. The XTL has its own W series interface board. I would get that instead.

Jason
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

I have a complete accessory group for that if you need it, from the remote board and flex, to the control heads, it came from a 5k that got converted to an 05 head.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by jmr061 »

All he needs is the interconnect board and I offered it at $25. Haven't heard a peep back.

Jason
btrains

Post by btrains »

I have not heard anything back from the previous poster, so I'm once again asking for assistance with this project. I have the flex cable and head bridge. I just need the appropriate W series remote mount control head face plate for the XTL 5000. Apparently it is not the HLN 6344, even though page 215 of the 2003 version of the XTL 5000 part manual clearly labels this W series remote mount head as a HLN 6344, which is the same part number as used on the Spectra and Astro Spectra.

Thanks!
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

If you are referring to me I have not gotten any PMs from you. If you are not referring to me please ignore my post.

Jason
btrains wrote:I have not heard anything back from the previous poster, so I'm once again asking for assistance with this project. I have the flex cable and head bridge. I just need the appropriate W series remote mount control head face plate for the XTL 5000. Apparently it is not the HLN 6344, even though page 215 of the 2003 version of the XTL 5000 part manual clearly labels this W series remote mount head as a HLN 6344, which is the same part number as used on the Spectra and Astro Spectra.

Thanks!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”