Motorola XTS4000 'PROG' Menu Doesn't Work

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Motorola XTS4000 'PROG' Menu Doesn't Work

Post by MotoFAN »

Hi all!

I'am playing with Motorola XTS4000 and 'PROG' doesn't appears in menu. I've checked CPS manual and set up Scan List in all personalities to numbers (radio have Conventional personalities only). 'PROG' menu is allowed for Convenctional, I'am double checked. But still no 'PROG' menu item.

Also I cannot use SEL and DEL softkeys when in EDIT SCAN mode (long press of SCAN button). Both softkeys just causes error sound. But RCL softkey just scroll up scan list members.

Could there be a problem in the firmware version (HOST/DSP is R10)?
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
ki6yop

Re: Motorola XTS4000 'PROG' Menu Doesn't Work

Post by ki6yop »

It sounds like the scan list you are trying to edit, has a fixed list and is not user selectable. Check the scan list in the cps for that issue.
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

ki6yop wrote:It sounds like the scan list you are trying to edit, has a fixed list and is not user selectable. Check the scan list in the cps for that issue.
Hi!

Where this option is located? This one?
Non-Priority Members
(Scan List, General)

Selects if the status of a Priority Scan List Member channel can be changed by the radio-user to a Non-Priority status. This feature applies for the current Scan List.
If YES, it's different thing and realted only with 1-2 priority channels from current scan list. But I want to edit any scan list member, including non-priority.
ki6yop

Post by ki6yop »

In the scan list general tab if you have a priority set, under type you will want operator selected. Under non-priority members you want to select operator select. If this does not help, i can take a look at your codeplug if you would like. What version cps or you using?
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

You right! Solved. Thanks!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”