Ruggedized Astro Saber Model 1 Questions...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Ruggedized Astro Saber Model 1 Questions...

Post by N4DES »

I have a friend of mine who gave me a VHF Ruggedized AS Model 1 (no display) to sell on his behalf due to him moving to an area with no amateur P25 available.
This radio as you know has the oddball battery that no one has available anymore and of course the battery is super dead and it barely operates the radio.

With that said, I'm looking for a possible source of either a Model 1case that I can swap and make it sellable or come up with some sort of battery solution so I can at least read and program the radio.

Any ideas from my batlab buddies? I'm up for anything as the radio is pretty worthless in its current condition.

Thanks
Mark
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Re: Ruggedized Astro Saber Model 1 Questions...

Post by MT2000 man »

I'd just swap it out for a standard Model 1 case. I'm sure they are readily available on "that auction site".

Your other option is to PM escomm here on the boards and he might me able to source you a ruggedized battery.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I have been watching "that auction site" and haven't seen anything yet. That is what I want to do and believe it is a better option for future usage.
Not in a rush...so I will just keep watching.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Mark. I could loan you a normal case if you want to program the radio to your freq's until you find one to buy. I live near Jog, & Okee, & could run into you somewhere near there if you want to meet. PM me, or call me on the TRBO system. TS2. GARY

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”