XTS-4000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

saberthree
New User

XTS-4000

Post by saberthree »

What are your experiences with the XTS-4000 minus the battery issue?? I finally purchased one a month ago, and I never looked back since. Its a very nice radio, I was surprised I was even able to get 60 miles in analog and digital mode with only 2 watts of power in UHF. Its definitely not a replacement radio for a XTS3000 or XTS5000 by a long shot, but it has its special purpose of being discreet which I really like. Its funny when I have the radio in my office or vehicle, people would make fun of me using such an "old phone".......they have no idea......

anyway, I was curious if anyone had a weird problem when they program it through FPP...it seems like instead of 16 channels, I can only have 15 or 14 per zone. Its usually on channel 10 and sometimes channel 15 on each zone...anyone have a clue why its doing that? the flashcode I have enabled on the radio is 5A9081-001307-9. I love this radio for what it does and how much power its packing for such a small device, But I have intentions of buying other radios like the astro saber (my all time favorite/nostalgia) but the only downfall with that radio is that it doesnt have FPP. So that leaves me with the XTS 2500, 3000, and 5000.
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Re: XTS-4000

Post by abbylind »

Dont forget the APX series FPP and dual band! 8)
Q: Does this unit come with a speaker?
A: hello yes its in the radio thanks
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Re: XTS-4000

Post by N4DES »

saberthree wrote: So that leaves me with the XTS 2500, 3000, and 5000.
Just keep in mind that the 3000 is not capable of FPP if that is one of your major requirements.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”