does this codeplug allow p25 nac?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Screwed

does this codeplug allow p25 nac?

Post by Screwed »

our area is switching to vhf NAC P25 and was wondering if this codeplug will allow it to work on a vhf p25 D10 NAC

Flashcode: 599108-0C1E00-2
Host: 5.60.00
DSP: 6.05.02

I used the decoder but it says digital imbe couldnt find anything on p25 in the codeplug.

its also been a long time since I played with astro's
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: does this codeplug allow p25 nac?

Post by FireCpt809 »

IBME is P25
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

FireCpt809 wrote:IBME is P25
No, IMBE is a vocoder definition, which is used within APCO-25. IMBE is also used in OpenSky and several other digital voice systems. Moreover, APCO-25 Phase II uses the AMBE vocoder, which is the next generation after IMBE.

Please don't say things like "IMBE is P25" or "P25 is IMBE" - that's like saying "Tires are cars"/"Cars are tires" - it's not correct, and it leads to people asking things like "If D-STAR is AMBE and AMBE is APCO-25, can my D-STAR radio work on our police repeaters?"
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

since open sky or dstar are not available in a Motorola XTS. The short and sweet answer was yes .. I know the difference thanks..
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Wowbagger wrote:
FireCpt809 wrote:IBME is P25
No, IMBE is a vocoder definition, which is used within APCO-25. IMBE is also used in OpenSky and several other digital voice systems. Moreover, APCO-25 Phase II uses the AMBE vocoder, which is the next generation after IMBE.

Please don't say things like "IMBE is P25" or "P25 is IMBE" - that's like saying "Tires are cars"/"Cars are tires" - it's not correct, and it leads to people asking things like "If D-STAR is AMBE and AMBE is APCO-25, can my D-STAR radio work on our police repeaters?"
Yeah well, you should have spoken to Motorola and their marketing group about that oh 15 years ago, as they're the ones that put IMBE in the flashcode description for Q806 for the Astro Sabers & Spectras. Maybe the OP wouldn't have been confused by the lack of P25 in Motorola's description when he used Akardam's flash decoder and saw the option's description straight from the horse's mouth.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”