XTL5000 - ignition sense

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

g8tzl2004

XTL5000 - ignition sense

Post by g8tzl2004 »

My XTL5000 has been programmed for ignition sense (not by me). I need to connect pin 25 to +12v in order for the radio to power up.

A Motorola rear accessory HKN6161 program cable does NOT appear to have an ignition sense wire.

Does the HKN6161 program cable enable the ignition sense to be "bypassed" when in programming mode or will I need to add an ignition sense wire. Obviously when I initially program the radio I will switch off the ignition sense.

Thanks
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: XTL5000 - ignition sense

Post by escomm »

"Does the HKN6161 program cable enable the ignition sense to be "bypassed" when in programming mode "

???? How would it do this? Magically generate 12V out of the air?

BTW, that's not a program cable, it's a data cable for interface applications, that just so happens to work for programming. The programming cables have the actual ignition sense lead.

So you will need to add the ignition sense lead to the cable, and power it to 12V, or buy an actual programming cable

Hope this helps
g8tzl2004

Re: XTL5000 - ignition sense

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Thanks.

As the ignition sense is switcheable using CPS, I was thinking that maybe when you are in "programming mode" , the ignition sense is disabled..obviously not!!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”