Consolidated Firmware notes?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Consolidated Firmware notes?

Post by PhillyPhoto »

I just picked up a model 2 XTS5000 VHF and it has firmware V9 in it. Is there a consolidated list out there of what's been done over the different revisions? All I've found is some sporatic lists of individual updates. It is a model 2, so FPP isn't an option even if I have the flashcode updated (plus it has legit tags so I don't want to hack it to a model 3). I don't need it for trunking, so will I really gain anything with the newer firmware? There isn't a whole lot of P25 conventional stuff I would listen to, so I'm not that worried about the DSP side too much either. Should I save my money, or is there something out there that will knock my socks off?
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Consolidated Firmware notes?

Post by Mfire39 »

Here is a list of info that I've been compiling over the years.. I really need to update it, as it's about 5 revisions behind. It still covers alot of the "meat & potatoes" revisions though..

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=83042

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Re: Consolidated Firmware notes?

Post by PhillyPhoto »

That's perfect! That seriously needs to be made into a sticky :)

Looking through the list, it looks like it v11 got 200 scan lists and v12 upped it to 1000 channels. That would be the onlyr real reason I would need to upgrade it, but I doubt I'm going to get close to those limits now as it is. I'll have to check my codeplug to see what my current limits are.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”