APX7000 dataside speaker

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

joes243

APX7000 dataside speaker

Post by joes243 »

I am having an issue with my dataside (small) speaker. At first, if the radio was at high volume it sounded very tinny, using both speakers. I am thinking it was the dataside speaker having the issue. Today, the speaker stopped working. I have a profile that routes to that speaker only and I am getting no audio. If I press hard in certain parts of the radio it will work for a second then stop. The radio has never been dropped or had any other issues. Could the speaker have gone bad? If so, can I replace just the speaker or is it built in to the NHN7017? Thanks for any help.

Joe
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: APX7000 dataside speaker

Post by escomm »

Very common problem with ALT radios. Not sure if yours is ALT but I would not be surprised

To replace the speaker you have to get the entire rear chassis assembly. Motorola doesn't sell the speaker alone
joes243

Post by joes243 »

I didn't think it was an ALT, but maybe it is since you are the second one who said that. Is that the only thing that will go wrong or is it the start of many problems? If that is the only thing, I don't think I will fix it. The radio sounds much better without it. If it is an ALT and I do fix it, will it just happen again?

Thanks again!
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Post by PhillyPhoto »

Does it have a real looking serial number in the codeplug, or does it actually have a legit tag in it? Alt radios are going for $1800+, so even if you paid a lot, doesn't mean it's real. If you are convinced it is legit I would send it to the depot and have them check it out. You said you looked it and nothing was broken, was there corrosion at all?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”