PM1500 FL 01-90

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CFD351
was "firemedix123"
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, XPR5550E and XPR7550E

PM1500 FL 01-90

Post by CFD351 »

Got a PM1500. Get the FL 01-90 code. Tried CH sync no luck. Pulled the Front off my XTL5000 03 changed the flexes over, it does the same thing on the PM1500 however the one I pulled off the PM1500 works just fine on the XTL5000. I've tried manually putting it into bootloader mode and doing a dirty firmware upgrade.....it fails out. Have already discussed the ibutton with Jeff so I am not trying to cheat. I get the can't open port and can't communicate with radio errors. It does go through and update the control head and such just never seems to make it to the radio. I've got everything hooked up to an Astron 20A power supply and have good ground and positive. Using a serial through the gcai on control head. Have tried connecting it to both the control head and the radio. I'm guessing there is an issue with radio itself like its dead?!?!?! Using Astro 25 Mobile 20.00.01.......Frustrated!!

Well I was able to do the control head sync.....but still nothing. Cant read or write and still getting FL 01-90. Interestingly if i plug my 03 head into the brick it powers on so does that mean that radio is not dead???? WTH is going on?
Jeremiah 33:3
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: PM1500 FL 01-90

Post by spectragod »

CFD351 wrote:Got a PM1500. Get the FL 01-90 code. Tried CH sync no luck. Pulled the Front off my XTL5000 03 changed the flexes over, it does the same thing on the PM1500 however the one I pulled off the PM1500 works just fine on the XTL5000. I've tried manually putting it into bootloader mode and doing a dirty firmware upgrade.....it fails out. Have already discussed the ibutton with Jeff so I am not trying to cheat. I get the can't open port and can't communicate with radio errors. It does go through and update the control head and such just never seems to make it to the radio. I've got everything hooked up to an Astron 20A power supply and have good ground and positive. Using a serial through the gcai on control head. Have tried connecting it to both the control head and the radio. I'm guessing there is an issue with radio itself like its dead?!?!?! Using Astro 25 Mobile 20.00.01.......Frustrated!!

Well I was able to do the control head sync.....but still nothing. Cant read or write and still getting FL 01-90. Interestingly if i plug my 03 head into the brick it powers on so does that mean that radio is not dead???? WTH is going on?
Fail 01/90 is a general hardware failure
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

Assuming that this is an ebay radio it's one of two reasonable possibilities.
One is that you bought a broke radio that has had some failure in service by the previous owner and they just threw it on ebay to dump it (this is the preferred type of failure because the factory will repair it for a fee (I believe the flat rate is 364 through an MSS plus their markup)
Second possibility is that someone got to screwing around with a either a bad copy of depot or it was a radio flash mod that went bad and bricked the radio.
Issue is with this is that if Motorola service depot has any thought that is the situation, not only will they not repair it but they will keep said radio and possibly send their lawyers after you.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
CFD351
was "firemedix123"
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, XPR5550E and XPR7550E

Post by CFD351 »

Guess we'll see what the depot says. Thanks guys! It was just a radio to mess around with anyway in the garage got it so dirt cheap figure it couldnt hurt. Good thing is it is still under extended warranty until Feb 2016. Either way I am not out much.
Jeremiah 33:3

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”