CPS help...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

CPS help...

Post by mikegilbert »

Hi All.
I just recieved an AS3 from Nick.
I'd like to be able to program it in the future, but my local radio shop has their heart set on "protecting their customers' systems."
I'm very familiar with Kenwood (sorry) software, but I've NEVER seen any version of any motorola software. IF motorola grants me a license, how steep is the learning curve for programming an astro saber?
It would appear that the CPS much easier to use than the other software. Do i need to know hex just to program, or is it like a kenwood...just enter the frequencies and cycle through menus and options.
Thanks A lot.
-Mike

P.S...any screen shots just to give me an idea :)
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

CPS

Post by abbylind »

Mike
CPS is pretty easy to use. There is a tutuorial offered in the disk and the program has a "?" icon (drag and click) to answer a lot of common questions as you are programming. I though it was fairly easy to program some XTS 3000Rs.
Hope that helps

Fowler
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

M has a hands on class for the CPS, it's around $1700 for 4 days, I went to it, the instructer learned a lot from me.

SG

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”