Help! what is a DES-FB/DES-XLBD?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N0ZPK

Help! what is a DES-FB/DES-XLBD?

Post by N0ZPK »

Hello! I recently got a DES board for my ASTRO SABER it is a NTN1564A
DES-FB/DES-XLBD WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND WHERE DOES IT INSTALL ON MY RADIO AND WHAT KEYLOADER DO I USE TO PROGRAM IT WITH?, MY RADIO IS AN ASTROSABER 3 UHF LOW SPLIT
THANKS MICHAEL
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

DES-XL is for anolog, and DES-OFB is for Astro digital...

I have an Astro Saber I, but I'm pretty sure they are in the same place. If you open the radio by taking the bottom plate off, then the 'guts' will slide out of the top. Once out, there will be a shield, it will open and then the circuit board underneath will unplug. Take it out also, but be very careful not to break the wires. Once all the way to the bottom, so to speak, you should see an empty space at the bottom closest to the battery terminals. If not, you already had a module in place. It will only go one way. Once in, put back together in reverse order. It's best to use the right wrench to put the battery plate back on. Our Astros had a problem with the plates loosening up and powering off all the time.
Also, in the RSS you'll have to select Secure capable...
Hope that helps,
Scott

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”