Astro Saber: Change low battery alert setting?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Splat

Astro Saber: Change low battery alert setting?

Post by Splat »

I've had an A/S3 for years now, a legit non-hackged one, that I hadn't used the low battery alert on it... until now. The problem is the low battery level setting seems way high, alerting much earlier than it should. I haven't put a meter on it yet but my battery packs are good. My A/S manuals are all packed away from when we moved so hopefully I can get the answer here instead of having to dig. :) Is there a way to lower/set the battery alert level on the Astro Sabers? Thanks.
“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as a sorry state as the souls who live under tyranny.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Splat

Re: Astro Saber: Change low battery alert setting?

Post by Splat »

Found the problem guys. Thanks anyway.
“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as a sorry state as the souls who live under tyranny.”
― Thomas Jefferson
S_Holmes
New User
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by S_Holmes »

What was the issues?
Scott Holmes
KC2OBW
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

Another good fix is bend the battery contacts with a small flat head screw driver so that they make a stronger contact with the battery. Also tighten the spanner nuts on the battery plate until they are snug.
MrFlashPort
Astrosaber

Post by Astrosaber »

Splat wrote:Found the problem guys. Thanks anyway.
Care to share? I've been having the same problem with my AS2 since 1998...
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

I know this post is going on over 10 years now but I just wanted to say - thanks to this post, I managed to fix one of my Astro Sabers !

Just had an Astro Saber come in and no matter what battery I put on it, it would always flash “low battery” and sometimes reset itself. I tried all the good batteries I had and all of them would flash premature low battery on this one Astro Saber. What did the trick ? - I tightened down the spanner nuts and bingo - no more low battery indicator !

So, thank you to Mrflashport for solving this issue ! It was a major PITA and never had one do this before.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”