astro25 manual site lock?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

gopher

astro25 manual site lock?

Post by gopher »

i see its possible to view the current site, and lock it, but is it possible to manually select a site on the radio?
techtonics

Re: astro25 manual site lock?

Post by techtonics »

Other than to site scan and hope you can lock on that site, press and hold the site button and it will scan.
gopher

Post by gopher »

im doing the talk group scan via conventional chan method. i have one system with all the sites control channels, and separate personalities for different locations. the personalities with the distant sites, i setup least preferred site for the nearby tower and most preferred for the distant one, but it still locks the closer more powerful signal. Can i get it to work like this or do i need to create a separate systems with separate control channel? and wont it see the closer site as a neighbor and choose it anyway? I guess this is the caveats to no affiliating? humm...
gopher

Post by gopher »

nevermind it does work. It just takes some time settle on the right channel. thanks
kb0uxv

Post by kb0uxv »

You may have made a mistake, and are affiliating. If you are selected on a conventional channel and scanning a system the site button should not work, since you are not in a trunking system. If you a seing sites and able to site scan you are on the system.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Don't enable omnilink. Set coverage to single site.
K8TEK::Tim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”