A/S3 programming/tuning question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Aragorn

A/S3 programming/tuning question

Post by Aragorn »

Well, I finally got an Astro Saber 3. So far, so good. I then program the radio up and then try it out. Well, I get no audio on the channels. I checked programming, its set to non-Astro, so I try mixed mode. Same thing. So I talk to the guy and he says he blew an old codeplug into the radio to erase everything before he let it go. So, I got a codeplug from a friend's working AS3 and blew it into my radio. The radio seems to work fine now. However I'm wondering should I get it tuned for maximum performance or am I just being anal?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Um... How are you blowing these codeplugs in?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
CHEFA2001
Banned

BLOWING THE C/P IN

Post by CHEFA2001 »

With a squirrel cage, Moose & Squirrel...........................................

ha ha ha

At it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, sorry I had to get nutty/////
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”