More than on FPP channel?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

More than on FPP channel?

Post by fogster »

Howdy,

I apologize in advance for what's probably a dumb question, but I can't find anything resembling a guide on this. (If I'm missing one, pointers are welcome!)

I've picked up an XTS4000, and it's the first FPP-equipped radio that I've owned. However, I don't have Astro CPS nor the appropriate cables, so I'm running FPP only.

Using FPP, I'm able to program multiple channels. However, I see no apparent way to change channels in normal operation. The directional arrows don't allow me to scroll the soft buttons (which read Spkr, FPP, and Clon), and none of the other buttons do it, either.

I seem to recall having read in the past that you could only program the channels you had saved as FPP-capable in CPS or something of the sort, but it's strange to me that I'm able to program them via FPP (and have the values stick), but I can't change to those channels in normal operation. Am I doing something foolish?
d119

Re: More than on FPP channel?

Post by d119 »

Do you have a "Chan" menu item in the list in CPS?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”