XTL5000 with O3 odyssey mic ? acc ?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

shadowman

XTL5000 with O3 odyssey mic ? acc ?

Post by shadowman »

gday all, i have a 110watt uhf xtl5000 with a 03 odyssey mic and at the moment i have to use this big builky head cable wich has the speaker connector comming from it.. can i use a normal rear acc connector for speaker audio instead and ditch the big fat bulky 03 mic extension? cheers all
motorola_otaku

Re: XTL5000 with O3 odyssey mic ? acc ?

Post by motorola_otaku »

Absolutely.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

motorola_otaku wrote:Absolutely.
The only way you're getting audio out of a high power XTL with an O3 is through the DB25 on the front. So in order to ditch the accessory cable, he'll need to build a DB25 interface to the molex.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

escomm wrote:
motorola_otaku wrote:Absolutely.
The only way you're getting audio out of a high power XTL with an O3 is through the DB25 on the front. So in order to ditch the accessory cable, he'll need to build a DB25 interface to the molex.
Open mouth, insert foot... didn't see the 110W high-power part.

On a related note, can you program a radio through the O3 accessory cable? I never got around to trying it when I had one installed.
shadowman

Post by shadowman »

ok , i guess im goingtohuntdowntheservicemanual and find out wich two pins are audio + and ground and make one up .. cheeers mate
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I have made them before. At a minimum you need to bring out the two audio pins (24- 25+) and I would highly suggest the ignition input (pin 16) wire as well.

Jason

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”