Astro 25 channel ID

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay
Batboard $upporter

Astro 25 channel ID

Post by Jay »

Can somebody explain to me what Astro 25 channel ID does? Here is my situation...

I was building a xts5000 codeplug from an APX mobile codeplug. The system in question is a 700 MHz P25 system (9600 baud). The APX had the settings for this system in Astro 25 channel ID slot 2 (base freq, etc) as it also had VHF settings that were plugged into slot 1.

I tried copying those 700 MHz settings and putting them into the xts5000, and putting the Astro 25 channel ID settings in slot 1, not thinking it would make a difference. The radio would look like it was affiliating in genwatch, but the user would not receive any traffic and would get a steady tone when attempting to transmit. After I put the same info in slot 2, life was good.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Jay
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Re: Astro 25 channel ID

Post by Jay »

Anyone?
Q2222A

Post by Q2222A »

Hello,

Within the system settings of the P25 system is defined the bandplan. The specific slots/elements are defined by number. The band plan elements must match exactly for each element in both the system and subscriber equipment. The system tells the radio which band plan element is used for every channel at the site being used. The subscriber radio does not need this information to affiliate.

Dennis
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

Great, thanks for the response.

I thought it was indeed something that is defined in both the subscriber and infrastructure. Strange that it would still affiliate, but obviously wouldn't function without this setting addressed. Unfortunately to me, the system admin wasn't clear on the function, so we just troubleshot the codeplug to get it up and running.

Jay

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”