Impress Field Programmer Error Flashing LCD

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pks

Impress Field Programmer Error Flashing LCD

Post by pks »

Recently acquired an iFP and managed to upgrade charger to v3.4 and LCD to v1.7, except for 2 LCD. They are v1.6 and every time I press the button, the iFP would flash yellow, then red (indicating error). These 2 LCD look different to the rest of the others, so possibly a different revision?

Any suggestions?
JeffFireRadio

Re: Impress Field Programmer Error Flashing LCD

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Yes, there are two display versions for that charger with completely different part numbers (which I don't have right in front of me right now). The early one was good up until firmware vx.xx, then you had to buy the newer one after that. I don't think the original one will upgrade past the vx.xx that forced you to the newer one. Search this site and/or take a look at MOL, as you'll be able to find the two part numbers I'm talking about. MOL actually tells you what this specific vx.xx is that I'm speaking about. You should also be able to find the part number on yours to see which one you have (I'm guessing the older one). At least a new one is reasonably priced around $80 if you're going to finish your project. Hope this helps. - Jeff
pks

Re: Impress Field Programmer Error Flashing LCD

Post by pks »

That explains everything. Thanks!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”