XTS Digital IDs

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

XTS Digital IDs

Post by tuckerm »

I've got a weird issue happening on four different radios.

One of the county deputy switched squads (hit a deer) and is using a backup vehicle. Let's say the radio ID is 8000621 for instance. The Astro Call group has that number ID'd as 621 Trnsprt. When that squad transmits, four different radios show a different ID. On my Mobile & Portable, I get 617 Squad, on another's they get 698 SRT Van, and finally a last person gets the 621 Trnsprt just fine. We all have the same call list on all of our radios and no other squads are showing anything out of the norm.

Why would the ID match another squad in the call list and not the ID of 8000621 (621 Trnsprt)? Thoughts?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
d119

Re: XTS Digital IDs

Post by d119 »

Sounds to me like the ASTRO Call alias list is out of date in some of the subscribers. The actual alphanumeric aliases that reference the alpha text back to the radio ID are programmable in CPS. Try updating the codeplug in the incorrect units and see if that fixes the problem, or at least read the offending units and see if the ASTRO Call alias is incorrect for the given radio ID.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”