R2021d Motorola Manual oe Specs

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pax
New User

R2021d Motorola Manual oe Specs

Post by pax »

Hi I am looking for information on the Service Monitor R2021D. I have searched and not come up with any useful info . How to determine options , tracking generator , etc.Hope someone can at least point me to a picture to view the front panel clearly. Thanks
jry

Re: R2021d Motorola Manual oe Specs

Post by jry »

the front is the same as a 2001D ...try searching on that for a shot of the front panel.
Not sure which option the 2021D has ...think its trunking and cellular but there are others who have more exact info on the option combinations.
There are a couple of options with D series ...remote ( HP-IB /RS 232 ), cellular, trunking, encryption and HS oscillator. The trunking option usually included a better duplex generator that supported 900Mhz systems. Later versions all had an external printer port.

There is no official tracking generator but it actually has one that works but setting the duplex gen offset to 0 and just turning on the duplex in spectrum analyzer mode.
There is a sweep generator function for use with an RF probe and the scope.

The 2001D has a lot of features that make it very useful. The cellular option is long obsolete but the trunking may still have some use .
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

The R2021D has type I (800 MHz.) trunking only, for Type II the model # will have the /0900 suffix. The tracking generator was a software option available for all of the second generation "D" models. You would have to look at the signalling sequence screen to see if it is installed.
Dave
pax
New User

Post by pax »

DJP126 wrote:The R2021D has type I (800 MHz.) trunking only, for Type II the model # will have the /0900 suffix. The tracking generator was a software option available for all of the second generation "D" models. You would have to look at the signalling sequence screen to see if it is installed.
Thanks for the info. I just received the set today. One broken rear leg , maybe still available somewhere. Looks like one was replaced before as it is different material.

I am hoping to find a manual somewhere. Maybe I will check with Moto , but usually they do not. Been use to using an IFR , now to become familiar with the 2021d. regards , Pax
pax
New User

Post by pax »

DJP126 wrote:The R2021D has type I (800 MHz.) trunking only, for Type II the model # will have the /0900 suffix. The tracking generator was a software option available for all of the second generation "D" models. You would have to look at the signalling sequence screen to see if it is installed.
Hi, the signalling screen shows (1-A/B ENCODE)( 2-5/6 TN ENC/DEC)(3-SELECT V ENC/DEC)(4-PL DEC)(5-DPL DEC)
(6-GENERAL SEQ ENC/DEC)(7-MOBILE TEL)(8-DTMF ENC/DEC)(9-CABLE FAULT)(10-TRUNKING)

There is the /0900 suffix which I missed B4 was too anxious to plug er in. Can the tracking gen option be installed ? other than from Motorola if at all. Would that s/w be in an eprom/eeprom . Are there any hidden functions that are accessible through the front panel or is there an interface that is required for a pc ?.. Thanks for your input. PAX (VE1TA )
DJP126

Post by DJP126 »

The R2021D/0900 does both type I & type II trunking (analog only). As for the tracking generator, IF the option is still available, you would have to go through Motorola or General Dynamics (GD owns the copyright).
Dave
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

Every time I have checked on options for the 2001d series people have said that there never was a Track Gen option.
If someone knows something different, I would LOVE find out about it.
For what it is worth, none of the manuals I have seen ever mention TG as an option.
I have a 2021D with trunking, cable fault, DTMF, screen print options in addition to the usual stuff.
Would be nice to find TG.
Steve K.
pax
New User

Re: R2021d Motorola Manual and Specs

Post by pax »

PETNRDX wrote:Every time I have checked on options for the 2001d series people have said that there never was a Track Gen option.
If someone knows something different, I would LOVE find out about it.
For what it is worth, none of the manuals I have seen ever mention TG as an option.
I have a 2021D with trunking, cable fault, DTMF, screen print options in addition to the usual stuff.
Would be nice to find TG.
Thanks for the info. Would you know of a manual for the 2021D , The only reference I found so far was one in Russia I believe. My Russian is poor , and really did not want to order from there.. Just did not feel right. I found a really nice pdf of a 2001D. I wonder if I could post here somewhere , if not email me if anyone would like a copy. 73 -Tom Ve1ta
xmo

Post by xmo »

The manuals show up on ebay from time to time.

Also, there is no software tracking generator option for the R2001D series instruments. That feature appeared in the "B" version of the R2600.

Don't believe me? Call Doyle Wofford at General Dynamics.
pax
New User

Post by pax »

xmo wrote:The manuals show up on ebay from time to time.

(I keep looking , lots of other model.)

Also, there is no software tracking generator option for the R2001D series instruments. That feature appeared in the "B" version of the R2600.

Don't believe me? Call Doyle Wofford at General Dynamics.
(No call necessary , I believe Dave's earlier reply to me post...)

Pax
xmo

Post by xmo »

"...No call necessary , I believe Dave's earlier reply to me post..."

Believe whatever you want but you'll never get a software tracking generator for an R2001 because it doesn't exist.
DJP126

Post by DJP126 »

Don't know what I was thinking.... Doyle is right, the tracking generator wasn't available until the R2600 series. Sometimers disease I guess.
Dave
jry

Post by jry »

there is a tracking gen of sorts in the D series.
Believe this is documented in previous posts and I have used it as well.
Just set the Duplex Gen offset to zero and turn on the duplex gen while in Spectrum Analyzer mode.
Never was a supported feature and the levels are certainly not perfect in some spots but it is functional.
Output is the Duplex port and the input is either the antenna or RF in/out depending on the selection from the Front Panel .
Have never seen this as an official option on any version of the D Series but will defer to the others who have far more expertise on this product

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”