Needs some help with my R2400A

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Fractale
New User
What radios do you own?: R2400A, R2001B

Needs some help with my R2400A

Post by Fractale »

Hello everyone,
My Analyser, Motorolla R-2400A, has just gone bad and I need some help to work it through. Here is the problem, the device is powering up but nothing appear on the Oscilloscope screen, neither on the two other screens, I wish I could know what is going wrong. It was ok just a couple of days. I guess that there most be something wrong in the power supply system but I do not have the internal schematics. If anyone have starting point I will be glad to try it.
Thanks.
Fractale
jry

Re: Needs some help with my R2400A

Post by jry »

Believe the Repeater Builder Site has the manual for this.
Chances are you need to re-cap your supply ...it;s a pull out module in the back but you have to pop some internal connectors to slide is out.
I usually add a RC filter to the fan 12vdc ....the switchers in the fan will put a lot of noise on the signal gen out. IFR usually has a LC filter for the fan or a separate supply.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”