Aeroflex 3550 demod audio?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cablemonkey

Aeroflex 3550 demod audio?

Post by cablemonkey »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to route analogue FM demod audio to the handset?

The manual has lots of nice pictures on battery change procedures but very little actual substance for using the tool.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

-C.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: Aeroflex 3550 demod audio?

Post by Wowbagger »

On the main menu, select System.
Select Audio Config.
Select Routing.

You can also do other audio config from that dialog.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
cablemonkey

Post by cablemonkey »

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed.

Is there an issue-3 of the manual planned? Issue-2 is really not good.

Regards,

-C.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

My best advice for that would be to contact Service and *politely* make that point.

I've been griping about how Tech Pubs is understaffed for years, and how we (Engineering) need to give them better information to write the manuals, but without management seeing the need to improve, it won't happen. So please, *politely* let Service know, so it trickles upwards. I'd even suggest writing a letter about it rather than a phone call.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Post by nukedude »

Will do the same as well. (Contact the company via mail to let them know about the lack of useful information in the manual.) Use 3550 test sets where I work as well. And the manual is lacking. 7 units in use and many of them sit for months since the end users do not know how to use them.

I like how it is a rugged unit and doesn't break the first time it is dropped on the ground. A co-worker did bend some welding rod to make a small stand for one I noticed the other day. Just sticks it into the screw holes in the back.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”