IFR/Aeroflex 2945A - Is there a DMR opt? Cable Fault option

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dmtemt
New User

IFR/Aeroflex 2945A - Is there a DMR opt? Cable Fault option

Post by dmtemt »

I am looking at purchasing an Aeroflex 2945A. I am a real newbie and have only borrowed older Service Monitors. I am wondering what I might be missing out on buying the 2945A w Tracking Gen, Analog Systems Card, OCXO, AMPS Cellular. Seems like the price is pretty competitive and I am thinking it must be missing something I need....

I will be doing Repeater Maintenance, Duplexer Tuning, Radio repairs, cable/feedline assessment, and soon... DMR support... for DMR, just want to know if it is an option... I will have the need in the next year or so.... I have seen some excellent support on these products from "Wowbagger" and perhaps he can comment...!!! Thanks in advance to all!!!
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: IFR/Aeroflex 2945A - Is there a DMR opt? Cable Fault op

Post by Wowbagger »

There's not going to be DMR for the 2945. DMR would be the 3900 family.

As for the rest of your uses - the 2945 should do pretty well. That used to be a Marconi Instruments device before IFR bought them, and was Marconi's competition for the COM-120B, so I am a bit biased.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
dmtemt
New User

Post by dmtemt »

Thanks for your continued support wowbagger!!! I understand the love affair with something you put so much heart and sweat into!!!
dmtemt
New User

Post by dmtemt »

I wonder if Wowbagger or anyone can give me the basic difference between the 2945A and 2945B? Is the B version faster with a new firmware release or something similar? Does it have more standard options? I am vacillating between the IFR 120B and the 2945 options... I am leaning to the 2945s as weight is important for my needs... I think the 2945s go around 28 pounds which makes it practical to haul up to repeater sites... thanks for all your help for this newbie... Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”