Software interface for GD R2670 service monitor (Motorola R2

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

michaelvpardo
New User

Software interface for GD R2670 service monitor (Motorola R2

Post by michaelvpardo »

The General Dynamics R2670 monitor has an available software manual which supplies the command set for operating the unit remotely, but doesn't recommend a GUI or programming software interface. The last time that I worked with any such software and a GPIB interface, I was writing in HP and MS BASIC. Does anyone know what would be a reasonable software interface for writing automated testing routines and that would run on a computer with an XP or earlier microsoft operating system? Is such software commercially available for doing bench tests upon mobile radio equipment? If so, will the interface run concurrent with Motorola Calibration software such as the ASTRO 25 CPS version?
I've done a brief search for info on the site already, but may not have used the correct key words, so I ask that you be patient with a newbie.
xmo

Re: Software interface for GD R2670 service monitor (Motorol

Post by xmo »

YetAnotherMotoUser
New User
What radios do you own?: Research Line through XTS/L

Re: Software interface for GD R2670 service monitor (Motorola R2

Post by YetAnotherMotoUser »

The above link "http://www.gdsatcom.com/cte_autotest.php"is dead.

I'm also looking for info on controlling a 2670... and for a way of measuring BER of a transmitter.

The way I read the manual the only available BER test that a 2670 provides is a closed loop test,
and I need to BER test the transmitters of an existing P25 trunked system.

Or am I misreading the manual?
VE3HKB
New User

Re: Software interface for GD R2670 service monitor (Motorola R2

Post by VE3HKB »

I'm not sure if it will help, but seek out a Motorola manual, P/N 6880309E55.
This was the programming manual for the R2600-series.
I used to have a copy, but it's been over 10 years since I've laid eyes on it.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”