IFR com 120B

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

zs3cd
New User

IFR com 120B

Post by zs3cd »

Hello to all. A local gold mine upgraded to a new analyzer. I got hold of the 120B for almost nothing. It is working perfectly but tech told me the CRT display is on its way out sometime. Would i be able to source a new crt or maybe confert the crt display to a lcd display. Is there anybody here that can help or give advise. Thanks
Mechiel
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: IFR com 120B

Post by Wowbagger »

The display is not a CRT - it is a Planar EL panel. You are going to have problems finding another, as Planar no longer make that panel (that was part of the driving force behind the COM-120C, was replacing that panel with a more commonly available LCD panel). I'm not sure what would be going out on the panel - can you describe the symptoms?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”