R-2002C

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Muxlow
New User

R-2002C

Post by Muxlow »

Picked one of these bad boys up. The manual that came with it is for a 2001C so not sure how much different the 2002C is from it..

This is the first monitor iv had/used so im uber new to the whole thing. Few things im wondering on

When it is in Gen/Mon Mtr mode with the Function set as Monitor, I pop in the local weather channel on VHF and all i hear is static. Playing with the squelch takes it away but i dont hear any voice. Antenna is connected via the RF In/Out port but i dont hear anything. Tried this on the local VHF and 800mhz trunked control channels and same deal.

Also when its in Spect Analyzer nothing happens. I have a green "dot" that just sits in the bottom left of the screen.

Anyone know what the cause of these issues could possibly be?

Any thing I should have a peek at inside the unit to make sure everything is operational? If so might have to be sort of detailed or have a document i can look at.. Looks like alot of stuff inside this big thing.

Reason i got it was to tune/align my SVR repeaters and radios plus check the power output
greg_kulosa
New User

Re: R-2002C

Post by greg_kulosa »

Does the Spectrum Analyzer show anything besides the dot on the screen? Is the frequency shown at the top? If literally nothing is there besides the dot, then probably the 10Mhz frequency reference is not putting out any signal. I have an r2001a that is dead like that. If I put in a 10Mhz reference into the rear BNC it comes back to life.

BTW - don't leave it with the stationary dot for long - you will burn that into the phosphur on the tube permanently.

Good luck.
Muxlow
New User

Post by Muxlow »

Apparently when i made this post it had to wait to be approved.
I didnt notice this at the time and figured it failed to post.. Sooo i have this same post on radioreference. http://forums.radioreference.com/motoro ... ost2219219

Yes it is only the dot showing nothing els. No other information or anything

How do i go about reviving this thing with the 10Mhz?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

On the back panel you should see a 10 MHz External input port. Apply a strong 10MHz signal here to see if your analyzer wakes up. The Ref. Osc. module has it's own regulator on it for 9 VDC. Make sure you have that. Also check your LVPS for proper voltages. You have + & - 5 VDDC, + &- 15 VDC, + & - 110 VDC (used in the CRT circuits) and +33 VDC.
Dave
Muxlow
New User

Post by Muxlow »

I got it to work.
Poped the top off and took the boards out and cleaned the contacts, Reinstalled and its working now. The display is a little fuzzy but im sure thats due to its age. Turning the knob still cant get it as clear as some photos iv seen are

Also. Is there the special function option on this model? In the 2001 manual i have it says to push both arrow buttons but nothing happens.. And not being able to find a manual for this specific model im not sure if it has that option or not.0
Does anyone have a PDF or what not of the manual for this?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”