Motorola/General Dynamics R2590A/CSM-1000 Service Monitor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rktuck
New User

Motorola/General Dynamics R2590A/CSM-1000 Service Monitor

Post by rktuck »

I have this service monitor, also known as a Link Communications CSM-1000. I have reason to suspect that the monolithic amplifier IC in the RF Watts Board may not be operating properly. I would like to replace this device. I cannot locate a service manual or schematic. I have reason to believe that is was made by Mini-Circuits. It is similar in size and function to their MAR-3+. ( several other parts on the Watts Board assembly are made by Mini-Circuits ) The only markings are a "30" on the top of it. The Watts Board was made by Link Communications. They responded to my request, but they have been of no help. Internet searches have also yielded nothing useful.
I would like to know the part number of this device, the specs, the board schematic, or anything!

Can anybody help me out?
Thanks
Robert
AB4RT
Jim202

Re: Motorola/General Dynamics R2590A/CSM-1000 Service Monito

Post by Jim202 »

rktuck wrote:I have this service monitor, also known as a Link Communications CSM-1000. I have reason to suspect that the monolithic amplifier IC in the RF Watts Board may not be operating properly. I would like to replace this device. I cannot locate a service manual or schematic. I have reason to believe that is was made by Mini-Circuits. It is similar in size and function to their MAR-3+. ( several other parts on the Watts Board assembly are made by Mini-Circuits ) The only markings are a "30" on the top of it. The Watts Board was made by Link Communications. They responded to my request, but they have been of no help. Internet searches have also yielded nothing useful.
I would like to know the part number of this device, the specs, the board schematic, or anything!

Can anybody help me out?
Thanks
Robert
AB4RT

Here is the operators manual. Still looking to see if a service manual is to be found. So far no success finding it.

http://www.link-comm.com/ftp/csm1000/csm_reva.pdf

Jim
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Any reason that you haven't called General Dynamics on this?? I have a R2590. Although I haven't had any problems in 6-7 years, last time the unit went to them for calibration they were very helpful with a reference oscillator question.

Dave
rktuck
New User

Post by rktuck »

They said that they would "get back to me". I have heard nothing else.
Robert.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

rktuck wrote:They said that they would "get back to me". I have heard nothing else.
Robert.
Hmmm....

Haven't talked to him in several years but the Senior Tech in support for this product was Doyle Wofford from GDDS in Scottsdale AZ. Was very helpful when I had to send my box back for a couple of issues. His phone is 480-441-0664, e-mail is doyle.wofford@gdds.com. Hopefully, he is still there and can help.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”