R2001 problems

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mersberg
New User

R2001 problems

Post by mersberg »

First off, hello to the board. I am very new to using this service monitor. I got a good deal on it and the problems that came with it was as noted on a tag "Demode of monitor test is out of tolerance. It is necessary to replace A17A2 Wideband Ampl Assy and A8 Receiver board". I do have the 50 pound service manual and can sling some solder. The work and I have used the basic functions but have along way to understanding how to use it.What does this limit as far as testing and what are things I can do to troubleshoot this issue?
On a side note, I do have a digital scope but I do want to use the monitor scope to view an AM envelope, I have read online that I can build a sampling downconverter to be able to view waveforms higher then 500 Khz.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/arrl/qs ... startid=39
Thanks
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2001 problems

Post by DJP126 »

It's been over ten years since I've worked on an R2000D series analyzer but as far as the A17A2 problem, the damage was probably caused by transmitting into the unit when in the generate mode. Check the first two amp circuits coming into the module from the attenuator. As far as looking at the AM envelope, drop down to the IF display, it should show the envelope for you.

Good luck
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”