R2200B Scope sweep issue

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cahighwayman22

R2200B Scope sweep issue

Post by cahighwayman22 »

Got an R2200B that has an issue with the horizontal sweep.

I verified that the Deflection board is good, and when I apply a signal on the external horizontal jack, the CRT does deflect.

There is a test point on the schematic that says a 6-8V sawtooth should be present. The Sawtooth is present, but it's not even the voltage it specifies.

Any ideas on what component might be bad? I'm sort of at a lose cause the schematic doesn't even show which component performs the Ramp Generator function.

-Trevor
cahighwayman22

Re: R2200B Scope sweep issue

Post by cahighwayman22 »

Update:

I fixed the sweep issue. U4 (Quad analog switch) was bad. Since I didnt have a Motorola OEM replacement IC, I replaced it with a CA4066E which is exactly the same.

The triggering control doesn't work, I suspect that there is another bad component. Also when you switch the sweep speed to microseconds (us) the data latch is telling the board to switch from ms to us, but the CRT display doesn't change.

Any thoughts gentleman?

Thank you

-Trevor

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”