Stabilock SI 4031 service monitor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n4fox
New User

Stabilock SI 4031 service monitor

Post by n4fox »

Looking at a Schlumberger Stabilock SI 4031 service monitor someone is selling. I am still looking for a good service monitor for my ham radio & repeater stuff. Are these any count?
I've also been looking at the ifr 1200.
Tech31yrs

Re: Stabilock SI 4031 service monitor

Post by Tech31yrs »

They are great Service monitors. I have 3 of my own. Problem with the 4031 and 4032 is the Factory where they were serviced in Germany has closed and there is NO way of getting service parts except from another unit (why I have 3) 2 units work, the other is the "hanger queen" for the other 2 for most replaceable parts at the board swap level. The options for them are many but some are hardware and software others are software only, and the software only stuff on the memory card it installs from is a single use and only for the Serial number of the unit the card was programmed to update.

Have them pull up the screens for hardware options and Options and make sure what you may need is already installed. I will also tell you this due to their age you are likely to have cap leakage to fix. I've been doing repairs on this in mine for a while. There is a slight learning curve for them but once you get how this works this way or that way the rest will work itself out.

Mitch
N4MF
Mitch
N4MF
Tech31yrs
bh7juo
New User

Re: Stabilock SI 4031 service monitor

Post by bh7juo »

4031 is too old,4032 is better,but some are no duplex analyzer option(depend on software verision)
I have Marconi 2965,IFR COM120A/B,SI4032,SI4015,MOTOROLA R2600C,I found 120 series are more "friendly" to operate.
BH7JUO Mark
HF DX,test set repair,PCB design,MCU coding,DIY......still have not enough time

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”