IFR COM-120A Power Supply components

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vk6mp
New User

IFR COM-120A Power Supply components

Post by vk6mp »

Hi All,

My 120A PSU died when one of the LT1070CT regulators blew apart.

Does anyone have a link to the service manual as I need to reroute some damaged trace and find out what the diode type was in front of the regulator IC.

Even a scanned page of the relevant section would help!!

Kind regards
Maarten
VK6MP
jry

Re: IFR COM-120A Power Supply components

Post by jry »

The COM-120 manuals I have seen provide no details or schematics at the board level for the power supply. The power supply adjustments are not even documented in the manual.

IFR stopped providing full schematics with the 1500/1200/500 generation and while the Com-120 manual has some schematics there are a lot of missing board level schematics so it's far from complete. The later the model the less detailed information is provided.

Some of this may be due to the modules being OEM''d and the details are not available even to IFR.

Best bet is to reverse engineer based on the LT1070CT application notes and data sheet and verify that this is for one of the 5 volt outputs. Usually the design follows the IC documentation very closely in order to keep in a supported context from the chip manufacturer ( also quicker to design )
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

That's good advice. I thought I'd be able to just pull my copy of the service manual and get the information - and I was surprised that I didn't have schematics. Unfortunately, all that existed were the engineering drawings, and those have long ago been moved to the salt mines (literally: we have storage at Underground Vaults and Storage in Hutchinson), so I cannot just walk over and pull them out - so I'm not much better off than you guys.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
lc4600
New User

Post by lc4600 »

If your COM-120A has a power supply made by CEI in Florida then I have no data on that. When CEI could not meet the production schedule and IFR pulled the production back to Wichita, I have some parts for those supplies.
Carl NØPXJ

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”