Motorola R2600B service monitor repair parts

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mgladu
New User

Motorola R2600B service monitor repair parts

Post by mgladu »

Where can one obtain the main processor circuit board for a Motorola R2600B service monitor ?? The serial number is: 496KSA0055. The Ni-Cad memory back-up battery has leaked and there is damage to circuit traces. I have copy of the service manual but I am looking for a spare circuit board, if someone has one. The circuit board has the following numbers on the circuit side of the pcb: '94998-84-P30261C001' MFG 65340 REV G Date 9135 TR IDENT 652125B2' and the following numbers on the circuit side of the pcb: '94990ASSY01-R30260C001' This board has a printer port (DB-25(f)) and a serial port (DB-9(f)) connector. There is also four EPROMs, U2,U3,U4,U5, with Version 1.07 firmware installed. There is a MC68HC000P10 64 pin IC and some sort of PGA ASIC installed. I am hoping to find a different circuit board to replace the one that I have here. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 73 de N1FBZ
jry

Re: Motorola R2600B service monitor repair parts

Post by jry »

The B version is long obsolete so the only source of parts is really scrapped out units.

The A/B and C version were pretty close ... the interface card was different on the C ...didn't have a separate buffer PCB. Processor card was different and different firmware. There may be other differences /updates as well.

1.07 was the last version for the 2600 A/B

I think your best approach would be to try and repair the card you have. Hopefully only the top layer traces were damaged.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”