IFR-1900 Receive IF Module

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SuperLid
New User

IFR-1900 Receive IF Module

Post by SuperLid »

I have an analyzer that exhibits low levels. The problem has been isolated to the RX IF block. With no schematics and no support from the manufacturer, I am on my own and going nowhere fast.

Anyone have experience troubleshooting this module at component level?

Thanks!
clemeth
New User

Re: IFR-1900 Receive IF Module

Post by clemeth »

I have an IFR 1900CSA which had a blown RF Amp on the output of the RF Generator. So called MMIC RF amplifier got fried. Replaced it with a similar device from Mini Circuits and now I'm getting upwards of +10 dBm of signal out.
jry

Post by jry »

just to be clear the output device is NOT and MMIC but a discrete device GaAs HFET that needs to have the bias adjusted as part of the replacement.

The output needs to be biased in the linear range in order to correctly pass AM as well as the other complex digital waveforms used in the cell phone testing area.

I have repaired the RX IF as well in the 1900. Non trivial due to the complexity of the module.

The 1900 makes the 1600 look simple because of the changes introduced to support the 1-2Ghz band as well as other features.

The 1900 has a factory calibrated wattmeter that is frequency compensated but you have to manually enter the assumed frequency instead of it taking that directly from the RX screen. ( like later Motorola and HP )
miamiwise
New User

Post by miamiwise »

clemeth wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:32 am
I have an IFR 1900CSA which had a blown RF Amp on the output of the RF Generator. So called MMIC RF amplifier got fried. Replaced it with a similar device from Mini Circuits and now I'm getting upwards of +10 dBm of signal out.
Please advise what device that you have found from Mini Circuit that applied to your IFR - RF Generator ? Because I have the same the problem and I can't find a good one to solve the problem. Please indicate which product item listed on the Mini Circuit that I can acquired . If you don't want to show your reply on the forum , please reply to me by email !
Thank you very much.
Derric

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”