IFR 2975 Generator issue

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

twbtech
New User

IFR 2975 Generator issue

Post by twbtech »

Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone could help me.. I have just purchased a used 2975 and it appears to be very weak on the RF generator,no signal until - 67 dBm I do have full stable RF from the generator module itself but it drops level when it the main block assembly where the TR / GEN & ANT sockets are, it appears it maybe the HMC347 switch but I cant seem to find them anywhere, the other option is would anyone have a spare module they would sell or know someone that may have one from a scraped unit ?

Thanks for your time
twbtech
New User

Re: IFR 2975 Generator issue

Post by twbtech »

I have confirmed it is in the module... so if anyone would have a 7005-4242-500 module please let me know... thanks again for your help
AML
New User

Re: IFR 2975 Generator issue

Post by AML »

HI twbtech, Those modules are difficult to find at best. We've had good success repairing them if you're interested. We would need the entire monitor so we can confirm that it meets spec in your instrument after repairs.
Thanks
Auburn Metrology Labs
Bowling Green, KY

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”