R2660B Hangs when selecting Spectrum Analyzer Display

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rayhager7@yahoo.com
New User
What radios do you own?: Collins & Kenwood

R2660B Hangs when selecting Spectrum Analyzer Display

Post by rayhager7@yahoo.com »

I have a R2660 that seems to work on gen or monitor but locks up when either the Spectrum Analyzer, or tracking generator is selected. At that point it does not respond to any keypress or control change until power cycled. Had leaky battery on processor board which was removed and contaminated areas cleaned. Would not power up when received. Shorted diodes in the -12V supply section were replaced.
Any suggestions on how to proceed in problem isolation/elimination? Thanks in advance!
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2660B Hangs when selecting Spectrum Analyzer Display

Post by DJP126 »

Try changing the spec. anal. display to 100Mhz/div. It's been a very long time since I've seen a 2660 but I seem to recall that it had an "extended" capability on the spectrum analyzer. When in that "extended" setting, the processor would slow down tremendously.
Dave
xmo

Re: R2660B Hangs when selecting Spectrum Analyzer Display

Post by xmo »

I recommend that you pull each card from your machine and inspect for capacitor cancer.

The surface mount electrolytics are prone to leakage and there are a lot of them in there.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”