IFR2975 hangs on soft power-down

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bigbop
New User
What radios do you own?: Baofeng & MOT stuff

IFR2975 hangs on soft power-down

Post by bigbop »

I have an IFR2975 that has been working fine for many years.
It was most recently calibrated a few months ago and the uP board has a new backup battery.

Last month, the soft "Power-down" from the front pannel started to hang at the X-windows screen during a shutdown and I had to turn off the main power.
I have a work-around where I just tell it to reboot and shut off the main power when it gets to the reset screen (display blanks).

So - my question is - has anyone see this and is there a fix?

Also, with all the above, an image of this unit's drive works in another IFR2975, which has no issues with a soft shutdown, so it's NOT the OS.

Thanks for any help here.
giancom120b
New User

Re: IFR2975 hangs on soft power-down

Post by giancom120b »

Hi bigbop, have you checked the bios settings?
bigbop
New User
What radios do you own?: Baofeng & MOT stuff

Re: IFR2975 hangs on soft power-down

Post by bigbop »

Yes. This morning I took photos of ALL the BIOS settings in my cloned and working 2975.
I then confirmed the problem unit was set up the same - it was.
I then selected the BIOS to reset to defaults from the EXIT menu and reset all settings to match my cloned 2975, which DOES power down from the front keyboard - so it's not the drive data.
Didn't work - still hangs on the Xwindow screen but the mouse is unresponsive at this point so that O/S process has quit.
I'm suspecting a processor board issue at this point - RAM or NVRAM?
I noticed the bios in this unit is newer and supports booting from a USB device so I may boot up a Linux distro with memory diagnotics to check the processor board - NO Windows though - Mounting the internal VXWorks OS drive on a Windows OS will corrupt it!

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”