R2001D GHz Loop

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Wyphy
New User

R2001D GHz Loop

Post by Wyphy »

Anyone have any experience with problems with the GHz loop board in these units?
Ideas as to what goes bad?

I did swop in the board with one from a working unit and the problem swopped units, as expected.
I don't have extender boards for testing, but I removed the board and verified that the +8V and -8V regulators were working.

When generating a frequency, the output frequency changes, so the VCO 1-6 appears to be switching properly, but a spectrum analyzer shows the signal moving around, which says to me that the sweep is running, which seems to point to a locking issue.

Might be as simple as parts aging so that the phasing has shifted with age and the c24 phasing cap needs adjusting, or maybe something more sinister has died.

Thoughts, speculations, ideas, and suggestions?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”