GAW 1012 Sig Gen Manual Needed

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

albush
New User

GAW 1012 Sig Gen Manual Needed

Post by albush »

Does anyone have available a manual for a GAW 1012 signal generator. I need a copy (am willing to pay). THANKS!
Allen, W0OUU adb66856@yahoo.com
Karl NVW

Re: GAW 1012 Sig Gen Manual Needed

Post by Karl NVW »

What is the manufacturer name shown on the front panel or serial number tag?? That model number does not appear to be valid for Motorola Communications test equipment products.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
albush
New User

Re: GAW 1012 Sig Gen Manual Needed

Post by albush »

Sorry, this is not a Motorola product. GAW was a spin off of Measurements div of Edison. I believe they were located in New Jersey for a time and in Tulsa as well. I think some of the engineers from Measurements formed the company after Edison shut down the Measurements division. It is very similar to some of the turret based Motorola/Measurements generators with the only tube being a nuvistor and a piston based attenuator but with the welcome addition of an accurate frequency counter built in. I am having problems getting sufficient deviation levels and need schematics/alignment instructions. I have seen 3 of these generators in the last year on e-bay and 2 at hamfests but none had manuals. The actual label says GAW Electronics, Inc., model 1012.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”