I'm based in the UK and very much new to the Motorola world. Motorola radio kit seems to be a fairly rare beast around these here parts.
So, thanks to a well know auction site, I now am a somewhat confused owner of a R2001D set (actually it's a R2010D/HS but the cellular card is only fit for banging against my head when I get stuck - so it's coming in handy).
The unit currently powers up and reports that there is a checksum error in ROM M5. As a starting point I've pulled ROMs and backed them up.
Through sheer luck I've managed to get the unit to boot up and operate. I disconnected the NV Ram battery. I tried to boot it up with ROM M5 removed.
None of which had any effect. I then burned a copy of ROM M4 and put it in the M5 socket, hoping the checksum might be per ROM and it would pass that test.
It didn't pass the checksum test but it has allowed me to continue and the unit operates. Looking at the dump of M5, it seems it relates tones, which I've not attempted to use (and why most other functions seem to operate). I guess I got lucky!
Can anyone confirm the checksums for the ROMs?
The system reports "SOFTWARE VERSION (??) 48" and version "4.06" for all the MAIN ROMs.
Here are my checksums:-
Now I've got it running, there are a few more issues (an intermittent INT/EXT 10 Mhz reference switch had me foxed this morning) but before I delve too deeply it seems sensible to get to the bottom of the ROM issue.
Code: Select all
md5sum *.BIN 62a32e4429ad665bd00176f4fc730578 u45.BIN 0e63790b5877b52c6625cb4039a9502b u6.BIN 196c1ab76fc3fbda29ef16fa86214c16 u7.BIN 6f3ee1af9613ac84f41b6e53407d6f2f u8.BIN b7f70a1e72ec3e6e7c03209b08a78e99 u9.BIN
I have checked the address and I/O lines on the ROMs (which are common between them) and these check out OK. I'm assuming enable on ROM M5 is also OK given the behaviour changes dependant on the contents (or lack thereof) of the socket.
Thanks for everyone's worldly knowledge.