R2660C tracking generator

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

R2660C tracking generator

Post by wcu02mpa »

I have an R2660C that performs great in most respects. It does a full self calibration test with no trouble. The one problem is the tracking generator is not working properly. The waveform is somewhat distorted (sawtooth). I have compared the same duplexer tuning set-up on my R2670B (Which is awesome by the way) and I get great duplexer tuning screen values. Does anyone know of any known issues with these on the Tracking generator? I checked both pico fuses and the antenna port and gen port ones are fine.
Also where in the box would I find that board (s)?

On a side note, I am seriously considering an R2670B for a primary and keeping my 2660 as a backup.

Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
jry

Re: R2660C tracking generator

Post by jry »

so there are internal filters that have to be aligned on the R26XX series.

I always align and test these on units and replace the processor battery as SOP

They become very apparent in the track gen mode and especially as the width increases.

Part of what you are also seeing is the R26XXC/D stitching together the scans in the SW since the HW cannot really handle the higher widths.
wcu02mpa

Re: R2660C tracking generator

Post by wcu02mpa »

Can you direct to a service manual? Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”