IFR-1900 Display suddenly inverted and reversed

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SuperLid
New User

IFR-1900 Display suddenly inverted and reversed

Post by SuperLid »

Used it all day and shut it down normally. Next day, powered it up and the display came up upside down and a mirror image.

Tried the usual fixes...factory default reset, power cycling, let it sit a few hours disconnected from power. No go. Then many hours later, I turned it on and it went back to normal. I have seen and heard about this issue before. Anyone know cause and fix?

Thanks,

SL
fineshot1

Re: IFR-1900 Display suddenly inverted and reversed

Post by fineshot1 »

i have had this happen also and was told some where on the back of the TFT display are some configuration
jumpers that sometimes oxidize over a period of time. After I pulled off the jumpers and re-installed them
in the same place all came back to order with the display. Doing this excersize removes some of the oxidation
on these jumpers and cleans the connection. Hope this helps you and good luck

PS - The 1600 and 1900 with this TFT display suffer the same issue sometimes
fineshot1
NJ USA
jry

Post by jry »

com-120c uses the same display setup as well.

Usually RTV the connectors as well to hold them in place.
SuperLid
New User

Post by SuperLid »

It fixed itself and worked for a few weeks. It happened again today. I will have a look and see if I can find these jumpers and report my findings.

Thanks!
SuperLid
New User

Post by SuperLid »

I found no configurable jumpers at all on the display. There is a large ribbon cable and a small ZIF header cable. I reseated both, and the display corrected. Not sure if it long term, time will tell.

Thanks to all that replied.
rgpace
New User

Post by rgpace »

SuperLid wrote:I found no configurable jumpers at all on the display. There is a large ribbon cable and a small ZIF header cable. I reseated both, and the display corrected. Not sure if it long term, time will tell.

Thanks to all that replied.
Did this work for you, I am having the same problems with my 1900
rgpace
New User

Post by rgpace »

SuperLid wrote:Used it all day and shut it down normally. Next day, powered it up and the display came up upside down and a mirror image.

Tried the usual fixes...factory default reset, power cycling, let it sit a few hours disconnected from power. No go. Then many hours later, I turned it on and it went back to normal. I have seen and heard about this issue before. Anyone know cause and fix?

Thanks,

SL
I have the same issue, how can I perform a factory reset?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”