R2024D

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

R2024D

Post by wcu02mpa »

Good evening. I am looking for some info on what the differences are in the R20xx series of CSM units. I am quite familiar with the R2600 series. I have a chance to buy a nice R2024D unit and am wondering what options this may have in it based on that number. Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
jry

Re: R2024D

Post by jry »

that has the encryption /secure board ( check the battery for corrosion ) and remote options.

Believe the later version of the remote board was RS-232 /HP-IB so could go either way.

This also means it has the electronic ( relay ) attenuator which was preferable IMHO to the standard mechanical one

Should have a printer port ( five pin DIN ) on the side if it has the later version processor board.

Lots of info on repeater builders.
wcu02mpa

Post by wcu02mpa »

Got it and the thing actually works really good. The rear cooling fan is a bit noisy. Can you recommend a good replacement part number for it?

Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
jry

Post by jry »

its a standard part ...brushless DC 12VDC ...look up the orig and try to match the CFM rating.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”