Aeroflex IFR 2975 Hard Drive issue

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

va3jcd
New User

Aeroflex IFR 2975 Hard Drive issue

Post by va3jcd »

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post so I'm sorry if its not in the correct location.
This is my issue:
I have two IFR 2975 one mine and one is a friend's both were working with no issue.
I took the drive out of my IFR and made a image using Selfimage, imaged it back to a backup IDE drive and tested, worked great no issues at all serial number good and options good.

On the second IFR that belongs to my friend I did the same process, after the image I now have errors on both the original drive and the image drive :o :o :o :o .

[edited]

Any help would be great :)
Last edited by alex on Wed May 20, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited due to the nature of the post and the question - please read the forum rules carefully.
jry

Re: Aeroflex IFR 2975 Hard Drive issue

Post by jry »

there are some critical files if you have the expertise to extract and move over to a good image and a good drive.

On all the 2975's I do I replace the older hard drive with an SSD version. The hard drives are just about guaranteed to fail at some point,

Boots faster as well.

Processor battery should be replaced while you are in there.

Were there any options installed in the unit ? Usually that's mostly what most people are trying to maintain.

The calibration files are part of the critical files that should be moved over but those can be essentially recovered by going through the calibration.

PM me if you want to send it in ...they are time consuming to recover and re-calibrate even with the calibration software.
va3jcd
New User

Post by va3jcd »

I have a good image and it works when put in the IFR, the issue I have is I want to copy the options and calibration files from the old drive to the new one and can't find a program/utility to do it.
Can anyone tell me the way to do it.

Thanks.
va3jcd
New User

Post by va3jcd »

Thanks for the help.
blitza
New User

Post by blitza »

Try Macrium Reflect it works for me
Big BOB

Post by Big BOB »

I'm wanting to change my Hard Drive in my Aeroflex IFR2975 with an SSD. What Make and Model SSD are you using?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”