R2600B/SP question

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiocat37

R2600B/SP question

Post by radiocat37 »

I have owned several R2600 series but have never seen a SP designator in the model number; R2600B/SP. Can someone elaborate on what the SP means?
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2600B/SP question

Post by DJP126 »

I used to work in Motorola's test equipment service depot and serviced all the monitors from the S1327 series to the R2600 series. That being said, I never saw an "SP" designation on any of the R2600s. Best guess is that it might have been used by development for testing new options. If so, they would have converted it back to standard when the "C" model came out. Just curious, what version firmware is in it?
Dave
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

As far as i know - SP has always meant = "Special Product".
fineshot1
NJ USA
jry

Post by jry »

I have seen some R26XX's with the SP designation.

The last one was in actually an R2600B with standard firmware . Was tagged as an R2660 and had the internal DC power connections for option slices .

I suspect it may have been a development unit as was mentioned earlier, converted to standard and sold at a discount.

Unless the unit has some documentation with it as to the SP modifications I would just consider it a standard vintage R26XX
radiocat37

Post by radiocat37 »

DJP126 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:19 pm
I used to work in Motorola's test equipment service depot and serviced all the monitors from the S1327 series to the R2600 series. That being said, I never saw an "SP" designation on any of the R2600s. Best guess is that it might have been used by development for testing new options. If so, they would have converted it back to standard when the "C" model came out. Just curious, what version firmware is in it?
Firmware is version 1.07. I did some more digging and this one has every available option that a 2600B could come with. I just purchased it and everything so far works. I do consider just a regular R2600B with every option included.
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”