2ch maxtrac part fell out...help

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

anautofix

2ch maxtrac part fell out...help

Post by anautofix »

I have a 40 watt 2ch 5 pin maxtrac. it stopped working and when opened a coil fell out. I have a picture of the coil, but I cannot find where it went. The radio is deaf, and has no power output measureable. You can e-mail me at strook@optonline.net for the picture. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: 2ch maxtrac part fell out...help

Post by AEC »

What color is the slug in that coil?
If yellow, t could be the Quad. coil located near the receiver chip.
Any other color/size, could be anybody's guess, such as an IF section, or near the mixer.
No power out might suggest this part might have taken out a driver transistor, or the first RF amp if the RX still works but deaf(how much signal injection does it take to open squelch)?
Post a pic of the board where the part came from, and include the missing part.

Can't help too much, aside from guesses, and this is of no use to anyone.
anautofix

Re: 2ch maxtrac part fell out...help

Post by anautofix »

I am not sure as to which side/board this fell out. Somneone opened the radio prior to me. Attached is the actual part that was rolling around in the radio.

For some reason it will not upload.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”